Monday, December 22, 2008

Carebears Unite

I don't know why I can't bring myself to focusing on missions lately. I may have burnt out do to the amount of time many of them take to complete, so I found myself working in low sec again.

I am actively monitoring a pirate and her corp. I have been following this pirate for about 4 days now and watching her activities.

Seems pirates thrive on bragging rights so I been checking her out on Battle Clinic and her corp/alliance web site as well as her posts to forums. Amazing the amount of intel online. I was able to determine her ship choices and weapons as well as who she flies with. I been flagging her corp mates and her friends to determine their online activities. Just as importantly I know who she has killed. With the intel I gathered I can make a pretty good prediction of when she is most likely to be working alone or in a fleet.

I have also been monitoring other pirate activity in the area to assess possible threats or associations with my primary target.

My intent is to catch her by herself and have her engage me.

I don't know the ethical ramifications of investigating to detail every aspect of this pirates life. I like to think of my self as a special investigator and not a stalker. Not being an opportunistic pirate it is going to be hard to snag a specific target without being online 23/7.

I am working this hit out to such a great detail for a few reasons. To date I have been a carebear. The art of pirating eludes me, but it is important to know your enemy. This being the first high valued high skilled target that I plan on engaging I figured it is important to learn everything possible so that I am not caught off guard.

I would like to see if I can unite various carebears into joining on the hunt. This pirate is a few years older then me and is one of the top killers for the month in her alliance so I highly doubt I can take her out by myself. I figure us carebears often find ourselves at a disadvantage when it comes to PVP. We prepare for missions not for attacking other players and more often then not this is how we die at the hands of a merciless pirate.

United we stand a good chance at striking a blow against the pirates. This is why I chose to incorporate players from various corps that should have a grudge against this target. Having players that are seemingly unattached may help us get her to engage. This attack, if successful, will hopefully strike fear into the hearts of pirates as they will learn that united us carebears are a force to be reckoned with.

If this experiment works it will be only a matter of time before more of us carebears start setting up hunting ops and bring justice to the victims that died at the hands of pirates.

CAREBEARS UNITE!

4 comments:

  1. Hey there!

    Welcome to the EVE blogging community!

    I added your blog to my EVE Player Blogroll as per your comment! You'll also be featured in both next Friday's
    EVE Speedlinking post as well as the next Micro Warp Cast podcast.

    I'd appreciate if you made a post about it and/or added those links to your blogroll!

    Cheers

    CrazyKinux

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read through your old posts and am enjoying your blog. I find myself in a similar situation as you are writing about and look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for comment. It has been a wild ride getting to this point in the game and I hope that I can continue to share the journey in a way that is interesting and helpful to all. I look forward to any comments you may have good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool the amount of effort put forth to find out everything you could about your enemy. I don't find it stalkerish, you were finding out everything you could on her eve life, not her life outside of eve. Big corps do the same thing when going against each other. As my corp grows we'll find ourselves in such a position.

    ReplyDelete